Have this list of jumbled phrases listed on a sheet of paper for each boy. Have him try to figure out and write down what the common sayings are.
1. of feather flock together a birds
2. barrel spoils the whole apple rotten one
3. don't try again if first sicceed at try you
4. you don't come cross to it a bridge until
5. laugh laughs you with and the world
6. nine saves time in a stitch
7. away the doctor keeps a day an apple
8. the worm catches the bird early
9. moss gathers no stone a rolling
10. a dull jack makes all play and boy work no
1. Birds of a feather flock together.
2. One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.
3. If at first you don't succeed try try again.
4. Don't cross a bridge until you come to it.
5. Laugh and the world laughs with you.
6. A stitch in time saves nine.
7. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
8. The bird early catches the worm.
9. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
10. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.