Waterways Matching Game
1. This waterway boat has a huge paddle wheel at the back, or stern, and is mostly used to carry passengers.
2. This waterway in New York links the Hudson River with the Great Lakes.
3. This is the name of a bridge that carries water across it.
4. This waterway boat is wide, with low sides, and is used to carry cargo.
5. Because of this waterway, a ship traveling from California to New York does not have to go around South America.
6. This invention is used on canal as a way of raising or lowering a boat from one water level to another.
7. This river flows through the cities of Albuquerque, NM and El Paso, TX before emptying into the Gulf of Mexico.
8. This river, located next to Omaha, NE, carries so much sediment that people have nicknamed it "Big Muddy."
a. Panama Canal
e. Rio Grande
f. Erie Canal
Answers: 1-c, 2-f, 3-g, 4-h, 5-a, 6-d, 7-e, 8-b